Our Bursary and Scholarship Program
Each year, through the generosity of our donors and friends, the Catholic Children’s Aid Society of Hamilton proudly presents our Youth and Family Opportunity Bursaries. These bursaries are offered to youth and families, who are receiving services from the agency, to help them achieve their life’s goals. In the past, bursaries have been offered to youth who are continuing with post-secondary education, to parents who are going back to school, skills training programs to improve their skills and knowledge, and to a youth who has started their own business and who needs support to purchase equipment to make their dreams a reality.
We are also able to offer a multi-year scholarship this year:
- The Sazio Family Scholarship, offered annually, to support current or former CCAS of Hamilton service recipients who are pursuing post-secondary education and/or training. This is a renewable scholarship for up to 4 years, made possible through the generosity of the Sazio family.
- The DiNardo Family Scholarship, offered every other year, to support current or former CCAS of Hamilton service recipients who are pursuing post-secondary education and/or training, made possible through the generosity of the DiNardo Family.
- Nominations for the 2023 Ted Rogers Scholarship Fund (TRSF) for Canadian youth with government care experience are not yet open. Each year, the TRSF awards 150 young people through 17 national partner organizations, including 22 students through Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada. The Foundation’s TRSF scholarships are designed to reach youth community leaders entering the first year of their first post-secondary program who have been affected by child welfare. Check in here for status updates.
If you are interested in sponsoring a bursary or creating a scholarship, please contact 905-525-2012 x 3150
2023 Bursaries & Scholarship Program
What funding is available?
There are two funding streams available.
- Youth and Family Opportunity Bursaries are one-time bursaries
- The Sazio Family Scholarship Fund provides multi-year funding – for up to 4 years.
What and who is funded?
Funding is available to support and enhance the life outcomes of individuals served by CCAS of Hamilton.
Individuals served includes:
- Current and former wards
- Kin families
- Parents and children currently receiving service
- Children of families that provide foster homes (up to 1 bursary per year).
Activities for which funding can be requested include:
- Ongoing education and skills training
- Employment outcomes and possibilities (specialized equipment purchase, computer and electronic purchase, ongoing training)
How do you apply?
Applications for 2023 Bursaries are now closed. Please check back in March 2024 for the next time to apply.
Contact [email protected]