Bursaries & Scholarships
2020 Bursaries and Scholarship Program
What funding is available?
There are two funding streams available for 2020:
- Youth and Family Opportunity Bursaries are one-time bursaries with a value of $2,500.
- The Sazio Scholarship Fund provides multi-year funding – $2,000 per year, for up to 4 years.
What and who is funded?
Funding is available to support and enhance the life outcomes of individuals served by CCAS of Hamilton.
Individuals served includes:
- Current and former wards
- Kin families
- Parents and children currently receiving service
- Children of families that provide foster homes (up to 1 bursary per year).
Activities for which funding can be requested include:
- Ongoing education and skills training
- Employment outcomes and possibilities (specialized equipment purchase, computer and electronic purchase, ongoing training)
How do you apply?
The deadline for receipt of applications is Tuesday, April 28, 2020 at 4:30 pm. Late applications will not be considered.
Click on the links below to access the Guidelines which provide all the information you need in order to determine if you are eligible to apply. Please note, all award recipients are required to attend the agency’s Annual General Meeting to be held on Monday, June 22, 2020.
Click on the link below to access and complete the application form online. You only have to complete one application, even if you are applying to multiple funding streams. You must click on the “submit your application” button no later than 4:30 pm on Tuesday, April 28, 2020.
Contact Lisa Hostein at 905-525-2012 x 3256.